Natural Gas is considered to be one of the safest and most reliable energy sources available. In addition to the electrical rebates offered by HPU the $450.00 natural gas application fee will be waived for customers switching from fuel oil, propane, or wood to natural gas. Converting from steam no longer qualifies for the incentive program.
- The gas service must be the primary fuel source for the home or business.
- Dual fuel electric customers are not eligible because electric is the main heating source.
- The incentive is available for any new gas service applications received after January 1, 2019, excluding steam conversions beginning March 1, 2020.
- The gas service must be utilized within 12 months of HPU completing the gas service installation, or the customer will be responsible to reimburse the $800 application fee, reduced to a $450 application fee as of March 1, 2020.
- Gas service size does not exceed ¾" diameter.
- Applicants must be located in the HPU service territory and be within an area of an existing natural gas main. Please see the map below.
- Any conditions that exist on the gas application form that are not covered by the $800 fee will be paid by the applicant. Any installation beyond 90' will be charged at the additional cost.
For more information on home heating fuels, please see the following links:
Natural Gas Service Area Map