The Hibbing Public Utilities Commission has adopted a Loan Program for Voluntary Residential Heat Conversion to help Hibbing residents who want to convert their residential heating system. This program is open to all HPUC customers who are converting from an existing residential primary heat source to natural gas. If you have applied for a natural gas line as of 1-1-2019 or forward you are eligible to apply for the voluntary loan program. The loan is 0% interest for up to 10 years for a maximum of $20,000.
The guidelines and qualifications are listed below. If you would like to discuss this program with our Loan Program Coordinator please contact the Hibbing Public Utilities at 218-262-7700
Before applying for the program you must first complete the Application for Natural Gas Service. Then, you can begin the application process for the Heat Conversion Loan Program.
- View the Qualifications, Guidelines, and Checklist
- Organize and Prepare the Application and Documentation - Items required for the loan application process:
- Loan Application (download) - HPUC will run credit checks. If the applicant does not have a credit score, 3 sources of alternate credit with a 12-month history in good standing will be required. Examples include phone, internet, cable, insurance, etc.
- ACH Payment Authorization Form (download) and Blank Voided Check- We need a blank check (voided/canceled original, or scanned copy) for auto-pay sign up with the bank. If submitting electronically, combine the completed and signed authorization form with the image of the blank check.
- Proof of Income Verification - 30 days of pay stubs, bank statements, and W2’s
- Personal ID - Present original or include a digital copy if submitting online. Options include driver's license, passport, or personal identification.
- Submit Documents - Four (4) Options
- Pay Application Fee ($350) - Payment accepted by check (mail in, drop off) or credit card (over the phone - (218) 262-7700)
- Check Status of My Loan Application
The Voluntary Residential Heat Conversion Loan Program has been made possible through our partnership with Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA) and Security State Bank.
Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Commercial & Multi-Family Production Lead
Security State Bank